Thursday, September 15, 2011

Cauliflower Crust Pizza

photo from Eat.Drink.Smile.

Without flour I am left without PIZZA! My family really enjoys pizza including me. It is up there as our favorite meal. I was a little excited when I saw this. It was worth a try. Here is her recipe. I made some revisions (of course). First of all I tried to just cook 1 cup of the riced cauliflower. By 8 minutes it was burnt to nothing. The second time I did a cup and a half which was about 4 ounces in weight and I cooked it for about 3 minutes. Perfect. Second I can't pull off the calories for 1 to 1 cheese to cauli. I did only a little over an ounce of mozzarella and the whole egg (although next time I think I will only do 1/2 the egg). Also, pan spray was not enough...next time I will cook it on a silpat so I don't loose an ounce :) I put sauce, roasted tomatoes, and basil on top with a touch more of cheese. It was REALLY good. You don't taste cauliflower (although I really like cauli). Lee took a little bite and liked it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment