Thursday, August 29, 2013

Meal Plan! 8/29

Meal Plan

This pregnancy has been really hard on me. We have flew by the seat of our pants more then I care to admit. I have been back on cooking 99% of the time again a couple weeks. Here are some great ones that I have made or am planning on making this week. Enjoy!

One meal I am really excited about making this week (maybe even TONIGHT!) is these Lebanese Meatballs with yoghurt dressing. I will switch out the lamb with beef to keep my budget intact. They sound super flavorful and I have some mint and parsley I need to use up. I will make a naan to go with it for my family. I will use either this grilled Lebanese flatbread or I will make this garlic cilantro naan that has been a hit in the past with it.

Last week I made the best fish tacos of my life (please note I grew up in San Diego). I used just an inexpensive tilapia and my whole family loved them. I dipped them in cornstarch and didn't do the other flour products but I bet they are great exactly as written. Give 'em a try. Be sure to make PLENTY though! 

I have looked at these Indian Spice Pork Skewers for a long time. They are an Our Best Bites recipe so I am sure they will be great. My friend Brittany taught me how good pork can be on a skewer. I am hopeful. I will serve with rice and salad. I will let you know!

Another Our Best Bites wonder we repeated last week was their Hamburger Steak smothered in onions and mushrooms. My hubby is a big fan. I double the veggies because we are big fans. It was an easy dinner paired with a salad.

Our garden is in full bloom. We have tomatoes coming out of our ears that are full of flavor and yumminess. I am looking forward to this Vidalia Onion Tomato and Corn tart. It screams of summer. I will probably use swiss cheese and make a crust out of hashbrowns. Should be great!

We made Jeff Mauro's Horizontal Pastor Tacos last week. Honestly they were the best meal I have made in a long time (which if you remember the competition wasn't fierce with the pregnancy). They were a little spicy but I didn't rub off the excess marinade like it suggests. We all ate them though and loved them. You will for sure see them again on my meal plan.



5 comments:

  1. I was JUST saying to Scott last night, I wished you lived next door. I would PAY you royally to cook for my family. Sigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I love PASTOR. So, a girl last night at football said that pastor and adobada are the same. Have you heard this? Is it true?

    ReplyDelete
  3. and I love PASTOR. So, a girl last night at football said that pastor and adobada are the same. Have you heard this? Is it true?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No idea on pastor and abodaba.... Both delicious:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!

    I saw your blog and thought it had great recipes and awesome pictures! I therefore would like to invite you to our new culinary website which has just started.

    This is how it works in short. TastyQuery.com is a website for food bloggers and their fans allowing them to automatically collect recipes from your food blog. It's a large database of links to recipes on food blogs. Everyone can join us for free.

    For more please visit:
    http://tastyquery.com

    TastyQuery.com is an English version of our main website called "Mikser Kulinarny", founded in Poland. "Mikser Kulinarny" has a large audience (over 2 mln unique visitors monthly) and with TastyQuery.com we want to repeat that success and drive thousands of new visitors to your food blog.

    In case of any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

    best regards

    Ania, TastyQuery.com

    ReplyDelete