Sunday, August 9, 2009

Zucchini day one- Zucchini Aubergine


Welcome to my new new new blog! I am excited for a place to store my recipes and to send friends who would like to borrow a recipe. I have had a ton of requests for zucchini recipes in the last week so I thought I would start with....ZUCCHINI WEEK!!!




When I found a recipe for Zucchini Parmigiana I thought I would have to give it a try (it's that time of year). The recipe was from Prudence Pennywise (click on the link to get the parm recipe). She had fried her zucchini. I really wanted to make it a little more healthy. I immediately thought of my Eggplant Aubergine recipe I got out of Cooking Light Magazine years ago. I made it both ways, 1/2 with the fried, 1/2 with the Aubergined (is that a word) Zucchini. Honestly, I fought Lee for the Aubergine leftovers for my lunch. It was SO much more flavorful. I want to use some more zucchini and not worry about the parmigiana and just consume to zucc's. Hope you enjoy!




1/2 cup light mayo
1Tbsp minced onion
1lb eggplant peeled and sliced (1/2 " slices)/ OR ZUCCHINI
1/3 cup bread crumbs
1/3 grated Parmesan cheese (I never use Parm, I buy a big block of Romano at Costco and use it for months. It has so much more flavor so you use less and taste it more)
1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
Vegetable cooking spray
-mix mayo and onion
-mix bread crumbs, cheese, and Seasoning
-dredge in mayo mix then in crumbs
-put on silpat, or sprayed pan
Cook at 425 for 12 minutes, then turn and cook another 12 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment