Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Lion House Lemon Bars


I am reading again "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands" again. I like that book because it helps me refocus that I am not only caring for my two little guys but also my favorite big guy. The other day I made him some lemon bars...his favorite...just 'cause. I really think this is the all-time best lemon bar recipe. I have also swapped out the rind and juice and made orange bars, and lime bars with this same recipe. Enjoy!
Lion House Lemon Bars
1/2 cup soft butter
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 cup flour
Cream butter and powder then add flour. It will be crumbly. Spread and press in a 8x8 pan. Cook at 325 for 15 or 20 minutes (I always do 20). While crust is baking prepare this next layer:
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp flour
2 Tbsp lemon juice
Grated rind of 1/2 lemon (actually the rind is what give it the strong lemon flavor, I grate the whole rind)
Beat eggs then mix in the other ingredients. Pour over hot crust. Bake for an additional 18-25 minutes (I do about 22) at 325. Remove and dust with additional powdered sugar.
Note: Can be doubled for 9x13 pan.

2 comments:

  1. Kira, this looks so good. We will have to try this. Really enjoy this site. You are doing a great job.
    I will have to send you a picture of Tom cutting his pumpkin with power tools. Ha Ha, it is a guy thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't this the recipe (with orange)that floored all of your in-laws? Looks good.

    ReplyDelete