Thursday, March 4, 2010

Lemon Sorbet

I have to be honest with you. I have NEVER stopped at the 1/2 cup serving size on ice cream. I get started and bad things happen :) The other night I was wanting a treat and I had lemons from my Bountiful Basket but didn't want to make heavy/ time consuming lemon bars. This was a 3 minute fix and WONDERFUL. It was so refreshing and summery and was the perfect end to the day. The best part is I was completely satisfied after my 1/2 cup. Even better it was still great the next day (I think most homemade ice creams are not). I based this loosely on a Cooking Light recipe from ages ago. I am sorry there are no pictures. We were too busy enjoying. Maybe I will add them next time :)

Lemon Sorbet
2 cups water
1 1/3 cup sugar
1 Tbsp. lemon rind
1 cup lemon juice

Mix all together until the sugar is dissolved (2 or 3 minutes). Put into ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer directions. When it is done take out and let it ripen in the freezer for an hour. Enjoy your taste of summer!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, homemade ice creams especially low fat ones are hardly ever good the next day. Sounds like this would be great for a summer BBQ party.

    ReplyDelete