Thursday, October 22, 2009

Crystal's Lazy Granola

This granola I tried off of Amy's finer things. It is a fabulous easy way to increase the whole grain. I got a 25 pound bag of food storage oatmeal for 7.50 so it works up very cheap too.

1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla
7 cups rolled oatmeal/ no instant (I use 1/2 cup wheat germ and 6 1/2 cups oatmeal)

1. Mix honey, oil, and brown sugar in a saucepan
2. Bring to a boil
3. Mix in cinnamon and vanilla
4. Pour over oats and mix up till coated
5. Spread on a 9x13 silpat lined pan (my first batch stuck horribly so I put the second on silpat)
6. Put in 375 oven for 10 minutes.
7. Take out and stir.
8. Turn oven off and put pan back in.
9. Go to sleep...wake up to a wonderful smelling house and breakfast ready.

2 comments:

  1. oh, this looks good. i love me the granola.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got to get this one on my blogroll. I keep missing posts. Dad's granola recipe was similar but with half the oil and 2 cups bran. He also put in a scoop of whey protein (!). I didn't know they used that back then but it was in there. Might be good with the whole blood sugar thing.

    ReplyDelete