Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Popcorn the Ultimate Diet Food with snacking power




Popcorn is the ultimate diet food. It is high in fiber and low in fat (depending on how you prepare it) Here are a few ideas for "healthy" popcorn snacking.
Chocolate popcorn- melt chocolate chips slowly in the microwave, 10-15 seconds between stirring. drizzle over plain popcorn spread out on aluminum foil. I personally like dark chocolate so I use the bittersweet choc chips. I also added a few chopped almonds. You can use any kind, just add up the calories and watch them extend their "filling" power by drizzling over your popcorn.
BBQ popcorn-Like BBQ chips? Purchase some bbq seasoning at your supermarket (got mine in a big shaker at sams club). Spread out your popcorn on foil again, spray with pan spray lightly to help the seasoning stick and wa-la. BBQ snack that you can munch on practically guilt free.

Let your imagination fly with more ideas....cinnamon, veggie seasoning etc.

2 comments:

  1. I love popcorn. Think I will try the BBQ kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yummy! I can't wait to try the chocolate popcorn! I am a dark chocolate lover too!

    ReplyDelete